Monday 23 December 2013

Author Interview - David Stevens on One Thousand Worlds

David Stevens is today's interviewed author on One Thousand Worlds. David first featured on this blog in October 2013. You can read that post here.





Tell us about your latest book.

My latest books published are Vampiric Retirement & A Trainspotters Guide To Other Earths.

Vampiric Retirement in its simplest form, is a world encompassing war led by the vampire elders, intenting to seek and obtain world domination over humanity. The tale is told in a trilogy with each being a story in its own right, but each leading into the next. For more information you could read the prologue and opening on Amazon.

A Tainspotter’s Guide to Other Earths is a Sci Fi of the weird kind. The story centers around a Trainspotter, an alien She and a race of insane genocide intent aliens. It regales the reader with the why, where, how and everything. I always say if you loved Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by the late Douglas Adams, you will assuredly like, if not love, this very different but equally unbalanced tale. I describe this book as being a Marmite book (Vegemite) they say 50% love it & 50% hate it!

I have been asked what exactly is a Trainspotter?

The answer is simple to answer but not necessarily to encompass, if you imagine a plane spotter or bird watcher they each desire to view and collect the details of their chosen prey. The Trainspotter is a typically British geek, often associated with anorak’s (pull over water-proof jackets) duffel bags (a tube bag with draw string that hangs over the shoulders). Coupled with the insistent desire to note down, having seen, every train number of every train ever produced and still in service.

These heroes to the geek world often involve themselves in other activates such as stamp collecting. If you need to know more might I suggest that the best way would be to read the book.

How many books have you written?

Well let me say that currently & ready for publication I would say there are seven completed. Two more published, with two more due march 2014 if all goes to plan.

What are you working on at the moment?

I am glad you asked this question. The answer as some of you will already know is The Foundation Of A Kings Legend. A fantasy fiction tale. This is one of the two expected out 2014. It is book 1 of a trilogy with book 2 being edited now & book three plotted ready for writing.

What are the most important attributes to remaining sane as a writer?

Believable characters, a good story and an endless supply of coffee & biscuits.

How much impact does your childhood have on your writing?

I am severely dyslexic, I remember being asked what I would like to be when… You know its that question! My reply of being a writer tickled the teachers immensely! That set my path & thanks to computers & great support from my wife & the Trolls (Editors) I have achieved some of what I set out to do.

There is much more detail on my blog than I can reasonably say here, which you might like to view, I can assure you it kills 99% of all boredom, it is at :- davidstevensbooks.wordpress.com

What was the greatest thing you learned at school?

Frankly not a lot, other than if you want to achieve something badly enough you will, one way or another.

If you could meet any of your own characters, who would it be?

A book waiting to be published is called Transgressions (currently) it is a transsexual love story & I would like to meet the three main characters over coffee, their lives are fascinating.

Do you have a favourite character among the ones you've invented?

I like all of the characters I have created, good bad or plain ugly, they all have something to recommend them. Admittedly in some cases you would need to look very hard but it is there, buried deep down just waiting to be discovered by the reader.

My none book  favourite is a Dragon called Robert, he is young & a typical teenager in all respects, he can be found on Twitter at :- DS_Books.

What do you want to be when you grow up?

What is this growing up?

If you could trade places with any other person for a week, famous or not famous, living or dead, real or fictional, with whom would it be?

I would not like to trade places but I would very much have liked to meet Isaac Asimov,Arthur.C. Clark & Clive Cussler amongst many others.

What do you think about when you are alone in your car?

Mostly what the hell is he/she/they (other drivers and pedestrians) going to do next!

What song best describes your work ethic?

Shine on you crazy Diamond, or Bat out of Hell.




You can buy A Trainspotters Guide To Other Earths at:

Amazon UK

Amazon US

You can buy Vampiric Retirement:

Amazon UK

Amazon US


Connect with David Stevens:


Free stories at:- www.short-fiction.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment