Monday 18 November 2013

Author Interview - D Antoinette on One Thousand Worlds

Tell us about your latest book.
 
The First Book of Carrie is my first completed fantasy novel.  I am so in love with this project.  The story follows Carrie Carter as she is trying to find out the truth about the rumors about her family and some secrets are best left secret.
 
 
How many books have you written?
 
Well in my mind, I've wrote maybe a thousand books but in reality, I've only successful wrote one.

 
What are you working on at the moment?
 
The First Book of Carrie is the first book in my I Am Carrie Carter Series, so I am working on a sequel and prequel.
 
What are the most important attributes to remaining sane as a writer?
 
I prefer the insanity, when the voices stop, I no longer have a story to tell.  But if I had to describe attributes for sanity as a writer, I'd say time management and goal setting.  Total chaos isn't going to help you write a best seller, so set goals and mange your time well. Something that I am still learning.
 
 
How much impact does your childhood have on your writing?
 
My childhood plays a pivotal role in my writing!  I am a fantasy writer, I need my imagination and luckily for me, I still have the same imagination that  I had as a child.  It comes in handy. 

 
What was the greatest thing you learned at school?
 
The greatest lesson I learned in school was the power of words.  I when I would debate in English class, I learned the art of "selling your point of view" and the beauty of a couple of well placed words.

If you could meet any of your own characters, who would it be?
 
I would say Noah Greene.  When I created Noah, I had a peculiar vision of him.  I think I am in love with him.  Though I think Carrie might hurt me if she heard me say that aloud (and if she was real)
Do you have a favourite character among the ones you've invented?
 
I love all my characters equally but if I had to choose I would say Carrie, only because she is the most like me.  I like the fact that she is honest about her short comings, something I am working on.

 
What do you want to be when you grow up?
 The Tooth Fairy
If you could trade places with any other person for a week, famous or not famous, living or dead, real or fictional, with whom would it be?
 
Beyoncé!  I always tell my daughters, be yourself unless you can be Beyoncé then you be Beyoncé!

 
What do you think about when you are alone in your car?
 
My third grade teacher, the girl who was in my third class that farts smelled like motor, what did she eat that smelled like motor oil, can you put motor oil in your hair, I want to get my hair done, should I dye my hair, is hair dye safe...
What song best describes your work ethic?
 
Puddle of Mudd, Psycho.  My work ethic is... I don't  think dye is safe, I'm going to look that up on the Internet.  Wasn't I answering interview questions?

No comments:

Post a Comment